Monday, January 26, 2015

Celebrate Today

Yesterday I was able to spend some time in my studio creating cards using the "Celebrate Today" stamp set that is new to the 2015 Occasions Catalog.  I love that it has a coordinating framelit die, "Balloon Framelits" so putting the projects together is a piece of cake.  The stamp set and framelits are available in a bundle at a 15% savings.

This card was made with a special little boy in mind.  I used Pacific Point, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock.  The blue balloon is stamped in Pacific Point and embossed with red polka dots.  The red balloon is pop dotted on the card to give it some dimension.  All images are from the Celebrate Today stamp set.

This card was made quickly and with minimal supplies.  I sponged the sky using Soft Sky ink and the grass using Pear Pizzazz.  The balloon is stamped with So Saffron, and the bucket and banner are stamped using Early Espresso.  The balloon is pop dotted to add dimension.  The thick twine is also Soft Sky.  All the inking was done on Whisper White cardstock and mounted on a Soft Sky base.  I have to laugh because this card is really so much prettier in real life than in this picture!  It's very soft and has a "baby"feel to it . . . that doesn't seem to come through in the picture though!

This card was just lots of fun to make!  I love how cheery it is.  I used three inks -- Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana and Crushed Curry.  The circles were made using sponge daubers. The sentiment on the balloon was embossed in Crushed Curry.  The card front was mounted on a Calypso Coral base.

I'd love to see your creations with this stamp set!

No comments:

Post a Comment