Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Swallowtail Stamp RePins

In an effort to repin to my Pinterest, I have to repost my pictures so they will be "live".  These are some cards I made using the Swallowtail Stamp.  I had a class using this stamp a few weeks ago, and the ladies just loved it!  Can you blame them??

These three were all the same design, but each have a very different "feel" to them.
This first one was very simply done -- the paper is Crumb Cake.  The ink is White Craft Ink (which takes a bit longer to dry).  The sentiment is from the "For You" stamp set.  I made faux stitches along the border of the card with a white gel pen.  The pearls and ribbon add a nice feminie touch to it.


 This next card is the same design, but it is a bit more detailed.  The base is Crisp Cantelope.  I made a card front in the same color and randomly stamped on it with Crisp Cantelope ink using the "dots" from the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set.  Then I made another card front, the same size as the first, using vellum and stamped the same butterfly and sentiment using White Craft ink.  Same design; different look and feel.

This one is also the same design, but it certainly has a different, more rustic feel.  The background is Crumb Cake, stamped with the Hardwood stamp in Early Espresso.  The butterfly was stamped on vellum using Versamark ink and embossed with Tempting Turquoise embossing powder.  Same ribbon and sentiment that resulted in a completely different look.


 This next set of three is again the same design and technique (emboss resist) but with three different results.
For this first one, the card base is So Saffron.  The card front is soft sky which was sponged with soft sky ink.  The butterfly was embossed with white embossing powder.  Then I went in with more soft sky ink and inked over the butterfly and heavily inked around the edges of the butterfly making the shadow.  The embossed butterfly resisted the ink, and the result was this soft look.

The second card was done in exactly the same way, except I used Pear Pizzazz ink.  The result is a more vintage/distressed look.

Again, this one was done with the same technique, but instead of inking around the embossed butterfly, I inked in strips of different colors to get the rainbow effect.  I used Daffodil Delight, Calypso  Coral and Pear Pizzazz.

This card was fun to make.  I stamped the butterfly in Wisteria Wonder onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I trimmed around the edge of the butterfly and then sponged Crumb Cake ink all along the edges to create an antique look.  The flowers are from the Petite Petals stamp set, and the sentiment is from the Love and Sympathy stamp set.


This card is a more modern look.  Butterfly was stamped straight in basic black on Whisper White.  The red ribbon and bling add a nice, modern pop to it.

This one was lots of fun to make, too.  To achieve this look, I applied ink to the stamp using sponge daubers. I used different colors -- Strawberry Slush, Pistachio, Crisp Cantelope and Baked Brown Sugar.  What an easy technique to achieve such a "wow" look.

This last card has a nice crisp feel to it.  The butterfly was stamped using Mossy Meadow.  I stamped a second image of the butterfly, cut it out, and placed it over the image that I had stamped on card (masking technique).  Then I stamped over it using the Dictionary background stamp.  The sentiment is from the Wetland stamp set, also in Mossy Meadow.  The banner was made with the banner framelit set.

This stamp set has so many, many possibilities.  To see it in the catalog or brand new in it's packaging, you may not think so, but you  can achieve so many different looks with it.  I've just scratched the  surface of what this stamp can do.  I can't wait to try some more!!


No comments:

Post a Comment