Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day, Honey!

My husband is such a gem . . . he's hardworking, loving, patient, just to name a few of his great qualities.  This is the Valentine's Day card I made for him as well as the "treats" I made him.  What do you think?

The embossing folder is the new Hearts embossing folder in  Real Red.  The "kiss" is made with the silver glimmer paper and the retired Build a Blossom Punch. I punched the largest leaf and then cut  straight across the bottom, removing the scalloped edges.  Pretty cool, huh?


These treat boxes were a cinch to make.  I CASE'd the idea from Connie Stewart's youtube channel.  The paper is  4" x 5".  It was scored at 1 1/4, 2 1/2 and 3 3/4 along the 5"side.  The window was cut out using the Apothecary framelit.  The bottom one was embossed using the Hearts embossing folder.  I embellished them and added a silver ribbon.  Each treat holds five Hershey kisses - affixed with double sided tape.  Not much effort for such a cool little project!


No comments:

Post a Comment