Saturday, March 14, 2015

Treat Bag with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch- Cute, Cute, Cute!

It's raining here today, so I decided to spend some time in my studio. I used up some scraps and made this adorable treat holder using the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
Start with a piece of cardstock cut at 5 x 7 1/2. I used Sahara Sand. With the short side on the top of your score board, score at 1 1/2. This will be the bottom of the treat bag. Rotate the paper, and with the long side at the top of the score board, score at 1 1/2, 3 1/2, 5, and 7.
You now have a 1 1/2" panel, a 2" panel, another 1 1/2" panel, another 2" panel and a 1/2" panel. You will be punching the 2"panels. Insert one of the 2" panels into the scallop tag topper punch and center it between the score lines; punch; repeat with the other 2" panel.
Now you will need to cut off the little tags on the two 1 1/2" and 1/2" panels. Place the paper into your paper trimmer as shown an trim them off.
You now need to do some trimming for the bottom. First, cut off the 1/2" panel. Next, cut along the side score lines of the other panels. Leave the pieces from the 2" panels in tact, but trim the 1 1/2" panelsto 1/2 inch. Your paper should now look like this:
Apply sticky tape as shown:
You will need four small pieces of DSP to attach to the panels. I used a sheet from the Sweater Weather set. Cut 2 each in these measurements: 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 and 1 3/4 x 2 1/2:
Take the sticky strip off and put the box together. If you press the two side panels slightly, they will naturally bend into a bag.
I dressed my bag up by stamping three flowers from the Petite Petals stamps set in Sahara Sand onto Sahara Sand cardstock and punching them out with the Petite Petals punch. I attached them with Stampin' Dimensionals for a little pop. I hope you have a chance to make one of these adorable treat bags. I think I'll make some more in some bright papers and fill them with chocolates for the little ones for Easter!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

1 comment: