Monday, March 16, 2015

Tri-Fold Gate Card with Scalloped Tag Topper Punch

Can you bear to see one more project with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch? I was playing around with it again today (I told you I loved it!), and came up with this card. There are a few things I'd probably do differently next time, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with it.
I think next time I'd probably pick a different stamp set for the inside -- one that fits perfectly within the cut out space. Once the card is open, though, Im happy with it.
I started with a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. With the long side along the top of my score board, I scored at 2 1/8 from each end.
Then I made a tick mark at the center point (2 3/4) along each side of the card (the 5 1/2" side).
I inserted the paper into the punch and lined up the tick mark with the center of the punch and then punched.
I cut off the "tabs" on either side of the punch with my paper cutter.
I cut out two strips of paper measuring 5 1/2 x 1 3/16 from the Sweater Weather DSP and attached it to the front panels of the card. For the inside, I cut a piece of Very Vanilla 5 1/3 x 4 and stamped the ballons from the Celebrate Today set in Crushed Curry and Tangerine Tango. The "birthday" and bows on the balloons are stamped using Chocolate Chip ink. (I added a thin piece of the DSP to the bottom of the inside to cover up a tiny ink smudge!) The ribbon is also Crushed Curry. I'd love to hear what you think of this. Maybe tomorrow I'll try the same design with a different stamp set . . .
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment