Sunday, April 12, 2015

Backgrounds Technique Class - Part 1 (Card Nos. 1 and 2)

I recently held a Backgrounds Technique Class and had so much fun trying out some fun ways to make backgrounds. These are two of the cards we made. Check back tomorrow for another card sample.
To achieve this look, we used simple masking tape. You can use painters' tape also; just as long as it is a low tack tape. Cut a strip of tape and ink it up by laying it across the inkpad and press down gently.
Then to transfer the ink onto the cardstock, lay the inked tape onto the cardstock and press and rub with your finger. Gently peel the tape off. I repeated that five times to get the background.
Then I stamped the flower image from Flower Shop using Basic Black ink; embellished with a ribbon, and layered it onto my card base. I chose to use Pink Pirouette paper, ink and ribbon since I was going for a soft look. This would look equally great using bright colors or earthy colors -- any colors actually! This following card was made using the same technique except I used two different inks -- Sahara Sand and Soft Sky. The image is from Wetlands and is stamped in Basic Black.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment