Here is a tutorial for this; I hope it's not too hard to follow. Some one of these days, I'll learn to do video tutorials, but for now . . .
I started with 6 x 6 piece of cardstock. I used Night of Navy since that is one of her school colors.
I ran both of the pieces through the Big Shot using the retired Petal Cone die. I only needed the actual body of the cone -- not the scalloped half circle or the banner.
I folded each piece along the crease line and folded the round edge up. I lined that edge up at the 2 1/2" mark on my cutter and sliced off the tip of the cone.
Next, I lined the narrower end of the cone at the 1/4" mark on my score board and scored it at the 1/4" mark.
Each piece should now look like this:
Next, I attached both of the pieces to each other by putting some glue along the tab.
The next step is to cut a 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" square. I used the square framelits. I pierced a whole in the center of the square.
Next, I made the tassel. I used a bow maker tool I picked up at CKC a couple of years ago. I absolutely LOVE it. (You can check it out on their blog: www.craft-deebowz.blogspot.com). I attached the tassel to the cap using a brad.
Now it's time to assemble the cap: put some glue along the side tab of the cap and close it up. Then put glue along the tabs at the top of the cap and attach the top of the cap to the body of the cap.
I chose to print out the school's emblem and attach it to the front. I punched it out using the 1 1/4" scallop punch. Then I made a banner with my daughter's name and graduation date for the back. I used the banner framelits thinlits.
A couple tips:
- be sure to assemble the flat part of the cap before you put the cap together. It's easier if the brad and the tassel are already attached.
- if you will be attaching anything to the sides of the cap, glue them on before you assemble the cap -- it's easier that way
- After I closed the flaps on the bottom, I kept it sturdy and square by attaching a sticker with my name, phone number and website on it.
- I used Tombow multi purpose liquid glue. I got a good hold with enough wiggle room to adjust the pieces before they were permanently attached.
Give it a try . . I'd love to see yours!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog