Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Graduation Card

My daughter and her roommates will soon be graduating from nursing school, and I made these cards for them. I had such fun making them.


I used the Owl Builder punch for the first time, and it sure won't be the last. The papers for the card layers and card base are basic black, whisper white and real red. I ran the red layer through the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. The papers for the owl are:

Soft Suede - body and inside eye
Crumb Cake - outer eye
Basic Black - eye balls
Whisper White - nursing dress
Real Red - heart
Garden Green - branches (that's a Sizix die)

The ribbon is a scrap I had in my stash. The nursing cap brad and the stethescope brad are ones I picked up at CKC a few weeks ago. The cap could actually be made by punching an extra "dress" and turning it upside down behind the owl's head and making a red cross on it.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Anna, I love this card! Maybe being a nurse myself makes a bit partial, but it's adorable! Good luck to your daughter! She chose a wonderful career!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, Katrina, and for the well wishes for my daughter. She had her pinning ceremony today, and it was just beautiful. I always say that nurses are angels on earth -- thank you for all you do!!!

      Delete