Thursday, June 25, 2015

You've Got This -- A Very Special Card


This card in my "You've Got This" series is a very special one. I made this card for my daughter, who recently graduated from college as a nursing major. It was a long four year journey that had some bumps along the way. Ever since her graduation, she has been studying for her state boards, which she took this past Tuesday. As expected, she was a nervous wreck! I gave the card to her on Tuesday morning as she was getting ready to leave for the test. "You've got this", I said, as she headed out the door. (See below for the results!)

Card details: the base is Smokey Slate and the front is Whisper White. I stamped the flower in Raspberry Ripple and colored it using Primrose Petals. The center is Summer Starfruit. The stem of the flower is stamped and colored with Gumball Green. (All markers are from the 2012-2014 In-Colors. They may be retired, but I still love them!!) I made a mask of the flower and then stamped the background from the stamp set in Smokey Slate. I used a thicker weight paper to do the masking so that I would get the white border araound the flower. The sentiment, which was SO appropriate for the occasion for this card, is from the stamp set as well. The stitched ribbon is also Primrose Petals.

I was so hopeful that when I posted this card to my blog, I would be able to say that it helped her feel more confident and helped to calm her a bit. Well . . . she found out today that she PASSED her boards and she is now officially a registered nurse! I couldn't be more proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment