Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Baby Card - Double Embossing

I made this card using the double embossing technique. As a disclaimer, I have to say that my end result came out much better than the one I made for this step-by-step tutorial post. I needed to adjust my Big Shot tension, but in the interest of time, I didn't.



I hope these instructions are clear. Since I haven't ventured into video tutorials yet (I'm a little nervous!), if the instructions are not clear, I encourage you to do a Youtube search for double embossing so you can get clarification because the technique really is a cool one. Okay, so here goes.

I used two embossing folders -- the Stripes folder and the Fun Frames folder. I hope these instructions are clear. Since I haven't ventured into video tutorials yet (I'm a little nervous!), if the instructions are not clear, I encourage you to do a Youtube search for double embossing so you can get clarification because the technique really is a cool one. Okay, so here goes.


1. First I ran the frame from the Fun Frames through my Big Shot using a piece of thin chipboard. I did that twice. On each of them, I cut them out, and on one, I cut out the center.


2. Then I traced the frame on another piece of chipboard and then cut it out.


3. Next I placed the frame chipboard piece on my paper and marked the top and bottom with light pencil lines so I could see where I needed to stamp my image.


4. I then stamped my image where I wanted it and erased the pencil lines.


5. Next I put my stamped paper into the stripes embossing folder and placed the large chipboard template with the cut out frame on top of it and ran it through my Big Shot. By doing this, only the part covered by the chipboard would be embossed because that's the only place there would be pressure.


6. I then put the frame embossing folder around the image and centered it. I placed the frame chipboard template on top of that and ran it through the Big Shot. By doing that, only the area where the frame is would be embossed.


*** NOTE: An easy way to grasp this is to think that only the portions of the paper with the chipboard (causing the pressure) will be embossed.

7. Lastly, I mounted the stamped and embossed paper onto my card base. I added a small button to jazz it up a bit.


Here's another one I did using the same Fun Frames embossing folder as well as the retired Lacey Brocade folder. This card uses the petite petals stamp set with the coordinating punch. The sentiment is from the Simply Wonderful stamp set that was offered during this year's Sale-A-Bration.



I do hope that you will give this technique a try. It takes some practice and patience, but I think the end result is worth it!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment