Monday, July 20, 2015

Christmas Card with Inked Embossing Folder

Here's another card made using an embossing folder. Just a few supplies, and the end result is a "WOW" card that is so easy to make!



First I inked up one side of the embossing folder with Soft Sky ink. I used the Northern Flurry embossing folder. I inked the "smooth" or "flat" side (not the "raised" or "bumpy side". I applied the ink by first blotting the ink pad directly onto the folder and then going over it with smooth strokes. You want as smooth coverage as possible.



Because the ink I used for the card is so light in color, I've also included picture below using a much darker, brighter color so you can see it better.



After the folder was inked up, I put a piece of Whisper White cardstock into the folderand ran it through my Big Shot.




I stamped the sentiment, which is from the Watercolor Winter II stamp set (retired) using Soft Sky Ink; added a few rhinestones in themiddle of the snowflakes. I mounted the embossed image onto a Soft Sky card base and it was done! I encourage you to try this -- you'll just love it!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog



No comments:

Post a Comment