Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Denim ATC

Many years ago I discovered the world of ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I found it challenging to create these small works of art (ATC dimensions are 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"), but I just loved the challenge. I hosted an online ATC swap for many years on scrapbook.com and also participated in other swaps over the years. The result is that I have traded these cards all over the world (and I've enmassed quite the collection!) Unfortunately, over the past two years, my ATCs have taken a back seat. However, this month, I joined the swap that I used to host as a swapper, and I just LOVED it. The theme was "pockets" and here's my interpretation:


The ATC base is made with Marina Mist cardstock. I inked the retired stamp set "Just Jeans" with Night of Navy, and it looked just like a pair of jeans. I stitched along one side with a white gel pen. I made the pocket using the banners framelits set. Instead of inserting the paper as you normally would, I did trimmed a piece of paper the width of the framelit and positioned it so that only the tip of the paper was under the cutting edge of the framelit. After I ran it through the Big Shot, I trimmed the paper to be the size of the pocket I wanted. (I did stamp the paper before doing this, but I did it in white here so you could see it better.)


I stitched around the pocket with a white gel pen. The "hanky" in the pocket if a portion of a doily. I made the tag by stamping "Stampin' Up" from Creatively Yours set in black in onto Soft Sued cardstock. I inked up the edges of the tag to give a weathered look. Of course it needed some bling, so I added three rhinestones.

I encourage you to try making these little works of art, but I caution you -- they're addictive!



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. And I sure LOVE mine! I so love denim, was so happy to have this one! thanks Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it Marci! Check out my post later today to see another adorable denim creation! I just love this denim stamp and can see LOTS of projects with it!

    ReplyDelete