Friday, July 31, 2015

Denim Overall Baby Card

So . . . I've discovered this Stampin' Up! retired stamp, Just Jeans, and I just LOVE it! After I used it make the denim ATC I posted Wednesday, I decided to use it for a baby card. What do you think??


This was so super easy to make once I made my template. The background paper is Marina Mist, and the ink is Night of Navy. I stitched around the edges of the demin with a white gel pen. To make the straps have some dimension (and hopefully look like more than one layer), I outlined them with Night of Navy marker. The adorable duck is from the Something for Baby set. The pocket was made using the Banners framelit (see Wednesday's post below to see how I did that). I stamped the tag on the pocket with a stamp I had in my stash, and the brads are also from my stash.

I tried to make a diagram so you could see the dimensions I used. To begin with, I cut a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock in half lengthwise and scored in half (4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2").


The straps are cut 1/4" in from either side, and 1" down from the top. To make the legs I notched up 3/4" from the center of the card and then angled the other cuts 1".

I hope the diagram isn't too difficult to decipher! Give it a try; you'll love how easy it is to put together!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment