Monday, July 27, 2015

Embossing & Distressing

I apologize for missing my Friday post, but my husband and I were away for the weekend -- we spent an evening in a lighthouse! What an experience!! I highly recommend it to everyone . . . but I digress, LOL.

This is another technique we did at a recent embossing folder class I held. In these two samples, I simply ran my cardstock through the embossing folder and then highlighted the impression by going over it with an inked dauber.


For this one, I used the Woodgrain Embossing folder and highlighted the tree impressions with Chcolate Chip ink. The owl (one of my favorites) is the Owl Builder Punch.



For this one, I used the brand new Brick Wall Embossing folder. The paper is Cajun Craze (nicely resembles bricks). I dabbed some Chocolate Chip ink around where the cement would be on a brick wall. The flowers were stamped using Flower Shop and Petite Petals stamp sets and then punched out with the Pansy and Petite Petals punches.

Adding a bit of ink to an embossed image add another layer of depth and dimension. Give it a try!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job! I would have never guessed those backgrounds were made by embossing and ink. Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I love how adding the ink to the embossed image adds such great dimension!

      Delete