Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Faux Quilting Background

This is a cool background technique, and I particularly like it for baby cards.



Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score your card base at 1" intervals, beginning at the"0" in the corner. Do it horizontally and then again vertically.



Your card front should look like this:


Once the card base is completely scored, you are ready to "quilt". I've seen this done a couple of different ways. One way is to ink up a Q-tip and just run the color along the lines. Another way, the way I did it in these cards, is to use a piece of scrap cardstock and place it along the scored lines as a guide to apply the ink.



Your finished quilting should look like this:


Once the quilting is done, I stamped the balloon using the Celebrate Today set.


The girl card uses Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo; the boy card uses Soft Sky and Marina Mist. I mounted the stamped images and then attached them to the card front. Finally, all pieces were attached to the card base. Here's a secret -- on both cards, the buttons were used to hide tiny ink smudges.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment