Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Baby Wipe Background Technique

I recently had the second part of a background techniques class. My next few posts will be of the cards we made. First up is cool technique using baby wipes. The result is a colorful plaid background.



It's actually quite a simple technique. First I took two baby wipes and layered them on top of each otheer. I folded the wipes lengthwise in thirds, and then in quarters until I had a small square. I formed it so that one side of it made a "shelf".


Using reinkers, just one drop of each, I made a pattern. I used Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding from the 13-15 In Colors.


Next, I dragged the wipe across my paper until I filled it horizontally.


I applied more ink on my wipe and then ran it across the paper going in the other direction:


I stamped a sentiment using the Simply Wonderful stamp set that was available during Sale-A-Bration. The butterflies are from the Papillion Potpourri Stamp Set. A few blingy gems, and it's done. I hope you will give this technique a try.



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment