Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Partial Embossing

Here's another card featured at my recent embossing class. This one uses only part of the embossing folder -- hence, the name "partial embossing". I apologize in advance if these directions are confusing. Please feel free to contact me if you have a question. Some one of these days I'll take the plunge and do a video tutorial (I think!). I used the Hexagon embossing folder for this card.


First, I decided what portion of the cardstock I wanted to emboss. I inserted my cardstock only up to where I wanted it to start.


Then I taped the top acrylic plate at the place I wanted the embossing to stop.


I ran the sandwich through my Big Shot and this is what I ended up with:


Next I turned the embossed cardstock over and made the score lines using my Simply Scored scoring board.


Lastly, I did my stamping. The top part stamped with the Work of Art set and the Petite Papillon set. The bottom is also from the Work of Art and the Four You set. The top is Tangerine Tango and the bottom is Old Olive. In order to get the two tones, I stamped off for the backgrounds.


If any part of these instructions are unclear, please do message me, and I'll be more than happy to answer your questions!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment