It's an A-frame card, so the paper was cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2". I've included a picture of the measurements for the basic shell. If you have any questions at all, I'll be happy to answer them. (As you can see, the template is made with pink paper -- I also made one for a little baby girl which I'll post later in the week.)
First I notched the sleeves. They are 1 1/2" from the top of the card, and 3/4" from the side of the card. I made the body by coming up 1 1/4" from the bottom of the card and made a tick mark at the edge of the paper. Then I drew a line from the inner part of the sleeve to the tick mark at the bottom (an angled line) and cut.
The neck was punched with a 1 3/4" circle punch as were the two leg openings.
Now for the details:
The card base is Marina Mist. I ran it through the Big Shot using the stripes embossing folder. A word of caution: when you run it through, pay close attention to where it starts at the top of the card. You want to make sure you get the entire card front without going over. I stamped the sailboat from the Settin' Sail set and punched it using a circle punch. I then layered it with larger circles and added three brads for a bit of pizzazz. To make the stripes on the sleeves, I simply cut out a strip of whisper white cardstock and applied it along the sleeves. The trim on the legs was made by first punching a scrap of paper with a 2" circle punch, and them making a frame around it and punching with a 2 1/2"circle punch.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog