Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Happy Anniversary to my Wonderful Husband

First, let me a pologize for my absence.  It's been a busy few weeks, and and the rest of the  fall is also jam packed, but I'm hoping to be back to blogging and posting regularly!

This past week, my husband and I celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary, and this is the card I made for him.   It is so appropriate since he never complains as I drag him along to visit lighthouses all over the place.  He was even a good sport when he  agreed to sleep in one thi summer!  What an adventure that was!!



The stamp set in this card is From Land to Sea.  I made the background using sponges, and I masked the sun with a post-it note punched from a 1/2" circle.  Here are the details:

Card base - Real Red
Card front - Whisper White:  I inked the white paper using sponges in the following colors from bottom up:  /Sahara Sand, Marina Mist, Soft Sky and So Saffron (all from the Subtles Color Collection).
Lighthouse - Stamped in Real Red with the lighthouse from the Land to Sea set.  I die cut it out using a die I purchased from Dave the Die Guy (www.diesbydave.storenvy.com)
Sun:  before I began sponging the background, I punched a small circle from a post-it note.  I used the "stencil" from that and colored it in with a sponge and So Saffron ink.  Then I removed the "stencil" and sponed around the circle with So Saffron, using a lighter hand.
Sentiment: Express Yourself stamp set (2014 Sale-A-Bration) in Real Red.
I finished it off by wrapping some jute string to it.

My husband loved it, and I'm so glad he did.  It'll get him ready for the next round of lighthouses I take him to!!!


<div><div><span style="font-size:8pt;float:right;margin:3px 16px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;color:#333">Built for Free Using: <a href="https://mystampinblog.com/" target="_blank" style="color:#333;text-decoration:underline">My Stampin Blog</a></span><div style="clear:both"></div></div><div><div id="07a86b63-f3a3-4bb0-a2f3-990c19edf8bf"><iframe class="iframe-showcase" src="https://mystampinblog.com/Showcase/Details/3ece1a37-a9af-4b38-b6f6-3fcf5c611a61?layout=Carousel&showSku=True&showPrice=True&showDownload=True&transparent=False&bordered=True&hFontHeight=14&rFontHeight=13&imageHeight=120" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" style="width:100%"></iframe></div><script src="https://mystampinblog.com/Script/ShowcaseDetailsScript"></script></div></div>

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anna, Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! Hope you have something special planned. Looking forward to meeting you this weekend at the Expo! Crystal

    ReplyDelete