Friday, October 9, 2015

Behind the Trees

This is the last of the cards from the Woodland Embossing Folder class.  I saw a version of this on Pinterest by Create with Dee.


This look was achieved by stamping directly onto the embossing folder -- being sure to emboss on the correct side!  With this particular folder, the words "Stampin Up" needs to be in the upper right corner of the front; it will be upside down, but that's okay!  Open the folder and stamp on the inside of the front of the folder.  I used Marina Mist for the bottom portion and Night of Navy for the top portion.  Then I stamped the trees using Early Espresso.  After it was all inked up, I ran it through the Big Shot and the evergreen trees appeared to be behind the birch treas.  To get the glitter on the trees, I applied a small amount of glue using the new fine tip glue pen and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over that.  I pressed it in so it got good and stuck on the paper.  Finally, to add an illusion of shadow, I used a sponge dauber with a bit of Marina Mist and just lightly make a swipe below the trees.

Give it a try!  I'm sure you'll love this technique!

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Early Espresso (card base)
Embossing Folder:  Woodland

12 comments:

  1. I CANNOT find this embossing folder anywhere. I know you said Sizzix but even when I went on their website, it was not shown. Where, may I ask, did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The folder was part of Stampin' Up's holiday catalog that went from the Fall 2015 through Jan.4, 2016, so you just missed getting it! I hear that they may be bringing it back again with the release of the new catalog in June.

      Delete
  2. The folder is from Stampin Up and is currently discontinued but they are planning on bring it back probably in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ccorrect, Debra! I'm hoping they do bring it back because it was very popular and one of my favorites!

      Delete
  3. Hi - Love your card! What stamp set did you use for the trees? I can't wait to try something along these lines - thank you for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice. Thanks for your comment. The tree is actually an embossing folder called Woodland Embossing Folder. The folder was sold by Stampin' Up! in its holiday catalog (2015). It's not available presently, but I heard through the grapevine that it may be brought back in the new Annual Catalog that is going live on June 1.

      Delete
    2. Beautiful card Anna. Just so you're aware, Stampin' Up! did bring the Woodland Embossing Folder back and it is in the current 2016/2017 Annual Stampin' Up catalogue. It's such a great EF.

      Delete