Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Glistening Trees

I made this card as part of a recent class I had featuring the new Woodland Embossing Folder from the holiday catalog.  I just love this folder.  There's so, so much you can do with it.  I'll be posting the four cards from my class throughout the week.  I hope you'll come back to see some more!


This card really did come together in no time at all and the supply list is pretty minimal!

1.  Emboss the white card front using the Woodland embossing folder.
2.  Using a liquid glue pen, apply glue to all of the raised branches.
3.  Sprinkle the card with glitter.  Shake off the excess and return it to the jar.  You are left with a beautifully glittered image!  (Tip:  When I use glitter, after I shake off the excess, I place a piece of scrap paper over my glittered image and rub my hand over it to really get the glitter into the glue so it's nice and secure and won't flake off.)
4.  Tie a ribbon around the card front.
5.  Mount it onto the card base.  
DONE!

Here is a list of products I used for this card:

Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Whisper White
Embossing Folder:  Woodland
Glitter:  Dazzling Diamonds
Ribbon:  Marina Mist

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, oh I really like these "glistening" trees. Very pretty. And who doesn't love a little sparkle! Have a great (and hopefully long) weekend! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the woodland folder! I have seen so many cards done with it. But since it has been retired, it is hard to find. Sellers are asking a lot for it when selling. Mine will be here Monday, and I am itching to work with it.

    ReplyDelete