Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy Birthday Donut Card

I made this card for a co-worker's birthday this month. It was inspired by a card made by Connie Stewart.  She made the actual card donut shaped, but I decided just to add the donut to the card front.



I didn't have my Circle Framelits with me when I made the card, so I used my Cricut.  The outer donut is a 3" circle; the pink sprinkled glaze is a 2 1/2" circle, and the hole in the center is a 1" circle.  The sentiment comes from the stamp set Remembering Your Birthday.  The spirnkles were made using one of the stamps in the Wondrous Wreath set, and the "bite" was made with the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.  The top layer of the card front is embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.

Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette
Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo
Framelits: Circle Framelits (although I used my Cricut because I didn't have the framelits handy)
Embossing Folder:  Perfect Polka Dots, but the Decorative Dots would look great too!
Punch: 1" circle punch,  2 3/8" scallop circle punch
Stamp Sets:  Wondrous Wreath, Remembering Your Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment