Thursday, October 1, 2015

It's Time for a Blog Hop!



Welcome to the FIRST ever “Blogging Friends Blog Hop!”

Up until one month ago we were a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators located all across the U.S. and Canada who had never met before.  Well, actually, we still haven’t met yet (in person). . .**  But, through our common bond of Stampin’ Up! and a shared love of papercrafting we have created a fun new blog hop.  Please join us on the 1st of every month to see what wonderful things we have created! 

** I actually was fortunate to meet one our members, Crystal, at Scrapbook Expo a few weeks ago.  We discovered that we live in the same state but a couple of hours away from each other.  Since we were both going to Scrapbook Expo so we decided to meet and say "hello".  I'm so glad we did!

Now, on to the business at hand -- our BLOG HOP!  This month's theme was Halloween, and I made two cards using new product from the Holiday Catalog. I hope you like them!

I made this card using the new Happy Scenes stamp set along with the Hearth and Home thinlit die set.  The stamp and dies are available to purchase separately, or as a bundle at a 15% savings.  


Stamp Set:  Happy Scenes, Hardwood
Die:  Hearth and Home
(Bundled as: Happy Scenes Holiday Bundle)
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Crumb Cake (for the paneled layer); Soft Suede (for the window); Very Vanilla (for the scene)
Inks:   Basic Black, Soft Suede, Elegant Eggplant, Pear Pizzazz
Punches:  1" circle; 7/8" scallop circle; 3/4" circle
Markers:  Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Other:  Spider Web Doily

To make the background for the scene, I sponged the top part of the cardstock with Elegant Eggplant and then went over it lightly with Basic Black. I sponged the bottom part with Pear Pizzazz and went over it lightly with Soft Suede.  The tree and pumpkins are stamped with Soft Suede.

The hardwood stamp was inked with Soft Suede, and to add some dimension to it, I also sponged the edges of that layer.  The window cut out was also sponged with Soft Suede, as were the three circles with the "Boo" on it.

I cut the Spider Web Doily down to only include the inner circle

I made a second card for the blog hop as well.  For this one, I used the Festive Fireplace Stamp set with the coordinating Festive Fireplace Framelits.  These also can be purchased separately or bundled together at a 15% discount.



I hope you've enjoyed this stop along the blog hop.  I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about either of these two projects!

Be sure to check out the other blogs.  Click here for the next blog, or click on any of the links below.

Anna - You Are Here




10 comments:

  1. Great Sponging your cards have so much warmth, really love how you used the Hardwood stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome use of products here, Anne! Love this Window Framelit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I love your shading on the Hardwood background and the sky on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous sponging and colouring on your cards, Anne! Your hardwood looks totally real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! I love the Happy Scenes bundle, too. I really love the way you cut up the spiderweb doily and layered it under the "Boo." And, the sponging you did is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are playful yet beautiful. I am in awe of you sponging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love your cards! I really need that Hardwood stamp. Every time I see a card made with it, I'm reminded of how much I like it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards! Now I am really wishing I would have got this set! Love the hardwood background you used with the set. Super cute....love that little spider!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna, so glad that we got to meet in person too! Now to meet the rest of the BFBH group! Love your two cards, I bought both of those stamp sets too, but I have use to use the fireplace one. Now you've inspired me! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like it was such a fun! You did good!

    ReplyDelete