Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Peaceful Trees

Here's Card No. 2 from last weekend's Woodland Embossing Folder Card.  I just loved making this one. It was inspired by a Pinterest post by Lydia, but I changed it up a bit.


The card base is made using the new Heavy Weight Whisper White (which I absolutely LOVE!).  The card front is Pacific Point (although this picture makes it look a bit lighter than that).  To make the card, I ran the Pacific Point through the Big Shot with the Woodland Embossing Folder.  Then I took a Q-tip and tap it into my Whisper White Craft Ink.  (Lydia used her finger to do it, but my fingers weren't the right size!!).  I gently rubbed the ink onto the trees and branches.  Then I squeezed my Pacific Point ink pad cover and made a little puddle on the cover.  Using the blender pen, I picked up some of the ink and gently ran it along the right side of each of the trees and branches to give it a shadow, depth effect.  Lydia also did that with Whisper White Craft Ink along the left side of the trees, but that didn't work for me!  The sentiment is stamped onto vellum paper with Versamark ink and embossed using gray embossing folder.  I cut the strip a bit wider than the card, scored it where it would fold over, and attached it on the back side so that there was no adhesive showing on the front.

Another pretty simple card that I hope you will try.

Embossing Folder:  Woodland
Embossing Powder:  Gray
Stamp Set:  


No comments:

Post a Comment