Thursday, October 8, 2015

Serenity Sunrise

This is Card 3 from my recent Woodland Embossing Folder class.  Lots of inking went into this, but it's worth it.  This was a semi-case from the blog Stampin' on the Prairie.  I changed it up a bit to make it my own, but she had chosen such beautiful colors to use so I didn't change any of those!



To begin, I punched out a 1 3/4" circle on a piece of scrap paper.  Using the negative part of that, I lightly sponged So Saffron in the circle to make the sun.  Then I covered the sun with the punched out circle and went to town sponging the rest of the colors.  In order, I used:  Daffodil Delight, Crusted Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Calypso Coral and Cajun Craze.  At first I thought the Cajun Craze would be too bold for it, but I only added it in a couple of places and I thought it added a nice touch.  After all the sponging was done, I ran the paper through the Big Shot using the Woodland embossing folder.  Using a sponge dauber, I went over the raised trees with Soft Suede.  I used Soft Suede marker to highlight the lines in the trees.  I wrapped a bit of jut around the card, tied it in a knot, affixed it to the card base and it was done!

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Soft Suede
Markers:  Soft Suede
Embossing Folder:  Woodland


No comments:

Post a Comment