Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Tri-Fold Baby Giraffe Card

I made this card for a co-worker whose wife is expecting later this month.  We had a baby shower for him and we needed two cards.  This is the first one; I'll post the other one tomorrow.



I started with a piece of Pacific Point cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11. Score lines were made at 2 3/4" and 5 1/"2.  The embossed panels were cut at 4" x 2 1/2" (2 of those) and 4" x 5 1/4".  They were embossed using the decorative dots folder.

For the giraffe, I used Crushed Curry and put the pieces together as follows:

Head - smallest oval from the oval framelits
Face - small oval punch (retired)
Eyes - Owl Builder Punch
Nose - Owl Builder Punch
Tongue - 3/4" circle punch
Ears - petals from a small Recollections flower punch I had
Antennae - slivers of yellow with red dots from the tiniest circles in the Owl Builder punch
Neck - 10 " x 3/4" piece of paper
Body - 2 1/2" circle punch
Legs - tiny pieces of cardstock cut at 1/4" wide
Tail - tiny piece of cardstock cut at 1/4" and one of the blossoms from the Build a Blossom punch (retired)
Spots on the body - I used the 3/4" circle punch as well as the middle and largest circles from the Owl  Builder Punch.

Isn't he adorable?

Punches:  Small Oval, Owl Builder, 3/4" circle, 2 1/2" circle, Build a Blossom; word window (for sentiment)
Embossing folder: Decorative Dots
Framelits: Ovals Collection


2 comments:

  1. Too adorable - I think I am going to try this for my granddaughters birthday card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an amazing card of the baby shower party. Couple of weeks ago, I arranged my nephew’s baby shower party but now I am looking a corporate event planners who can plan monthly meeting in my office. Please help and give suggestions!!

    ReplyDelete