Monday, October 19, 2015

Wedding Fun - Part 1

My sister got married last weekend, and because I'm a crafter, I made LOTS of goodies for the big day.  I'll be posting them throughout the week.  Today's installment are the invitations.  I made two because the actual wedding was a small, intimate affair with only immediate family.  The day-after celebration was for a MUCH larger crowd of family and friends. She didn't have wedding "colors" but just wanted fall colors throughout the weekend.  I chose Cherry Cobbler because I thought it was  a perfect color for a wedding invitation -- fall and love!



The large invitation was 5 x 7.  The base is Cherry Cobbler, and the front is Very Vanilla.  The ribbon is a retired cotton.  I chose to do a knot because my sister is a "no frills" woman and a knot seemed more appropriate than a bow for her.

The small invitation is notecard size -- 3 1/2 x 5.  Again, the base is Cherry Cobbler and the front is Very Vanilla.  The ribbon is a retired seam binding.  Instead of making a typical knot for this one, I made a knot in the middle of the ribbon without any loose pieces.

She gave me free reign in the design, so I was thrilled when she saw the first sample and was thrilled with them!

Check back tomorrow to see the first of four (!) favors for all the different events leading up to the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment