Friday, October 23, 2015

Wedding Fun - Part 5

These are the favors I made for my sister's wedding.  They sure were a labor of love, and I will admit that a few times along the way I was ready to trash the whole project!  I got the directions for the box assembly from video on YouTube, and, of course, I switched things up and made it my own (or my sister's own!)  It is made using the Stampin Up Petal Cone Die (retired).

This is a picture of the completed cake.  I used thick cake decorating trays in between the layers and punched a whole in the center of each, attached them with a dowel and made a tier.  I trimmed each of the cake trays with ribbon, but they were purchased lined with silver foil, so that would have looked good too.  I used Stampin' Up's Shimmery White Cardstock and found that it was good, heavy weight for the project. The following pictures are from my original sample.  You'll notice that that original sample has green leaves and the completed project doesn't.  Well . . . my Martha Stewart leaf punch decided to break before I could finish punching out all the leaves, so I had to leave the leaves off the completed project.  You'll also notice that the finished project has a center in each of the flowers.  I added those at the last minute as well.   I purchased a pre-made ribbon at the craft store and stuck it in the center for the centerpiece.  I know, I know. . . I could have made my own bow, but by the time I was ready for the bow, I was so over this entire project!  The inside of each box has some Jordan Almonds wrapped with tulle, tied with ribbon, and decorated with a satin flower.  I didn't take a picture of that, but if I remember to do so later, I'll post it.

This is a top view of the cake box.  I made the flower using Hello Honey ink on Hello Honey cardstock using the Beautiful Bunch stamp set and punching out with the Fun  Flower Punch.  This original sample doesn't have one, but the end project has a center in each flower.  I made it by punching the flower out a second time using Chocolate Chip ink onChocolate Chip paper and punched it out using the 7/8" scallop punch. 

This back view of the box shows the "frosting" on the cake.  I embossed the scalloped part of the Petal Cone Die with an Anna Griffin embossing folder and trimmed the edges to fit on the box. 

This side view of the cake shows the chocolate "frosting" in between the layers.  I made it by cutting a strip of 1/4" chocolate chip card stock and punching it with the retired scallop edge punch. I embellished it using off white colored Liquid Pearls. 

Although it was certainly a time-consuming, patience-trying project, I do love the end result.  More importantly, my sister absolutely loved it as well!  Please check back tomorrow for the last installment of wedding projects!

Cardstock:  Shimmery White, Hello Honey, Chocolate Chip
Ink:  Hello Honey, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Beautiful Bunch (available as a bundle)
Punches:  Fun Flower 7/8" scallop circle, scallop edge border (retired)
Die: Petal Cone Die (retired)

2 comments: