Sunday, November 1, 2015

It's Time for Another Blog Hop!



Welcome to the November Blogging Friends Blog Hop!  This month's theme is Fall/Thanksgiving.  I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration as you venture from blog to blog.  The talent is amazing, so please play along with us!

As an added bonus, and because I'm grateful for the opportunity to play with paper and share my projects, I'm offering a prize for one lucky blog viewer.  All you have to do to be entered into the drawing is follow this blog and leave a comment telling me where you're from.  At the end of the month, I'll choose a winner using random.org.  The  winner will receive some free products from Stampin' Up!  (at least $10 value).  I'm sorry, but only non-SU demos can enter!

Now, on to this month's projects.  I went a bit gung-ho and have four projects to share!

First is my Thanksgiving favor.

Since I am hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, I thought I would place these cute little favors at each place setting.  They're not filled yet, but I'm planning on filling small cello bags with some delicious home made glazed almonds! (I have to dig out that recipe I found last year!!)  This was made using the Fry Box Bigz Die.   For the base, I used Mossy Meadow cardstock.  The patterned paper is from a retired line (can't remember the name, but it was something like Harvest . . . ??)  I just love the little Blackberry Bliss acorns on it!  I made the tag using the Project Life Seasonal Snapshot 2015 stamp set (I'm so NOT a project life crafter, but I love this stamp set!).  I stamped the sentiment using Mossy Meadow onto Whisper White and layered it onto a scrap of Mossy Meadow.  The ribbon is Mossy Meadow 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon.  I'm sure these will look awesome when they're filled with the pretty bags of almonds!

-----------------------------------
My next project was cased from one of Dawn Griffith's videos.  Rather than try to explain how I made this adorable scarecrow, I'll share Dawn's link here.  I did make a few changes:  instead of using the 2 1/2" circle punch for the brim of the hat, I used the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch; instead of using the burlap ribbon, I used some raffia (I would have liked the burlap, but I was fresh out!).  I also didn't have any corrugated paper, so I ran my paper through a crimper for the same effect.

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Delightful Dijon, Pumpkin Pie
Die:  Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlit
Punches:  Note Tag, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle, Bow Builder, Bird Builder (to make the nose), Owl Builder (for the eys)
Markers: Basic Black, white gel pen, black gel pen

-------------------------------------
My next project is a Thanksgiving card I made for a special friend.  I decided to play with the 2014-2016 In Colors since they're just perfect for fall cards.  The base is Hello Honey; the next layer is Mossy Meadow, and the card front is Very Vanilla.  I used the Sheltering Tree stamp set.  The tree itself was stamped using Soft Suede.  I stamped two layers of leaves, once with Hello Honey and the other with Tangelo Twist.  The grass is stamped with Mossy Meadow, and the sentiment is stamped with Hello Honey.  I added the faux stitching in Hello Honey with one of the stamps in the Project Life Seasonal Snapshot 2015 stamp set.  The bow was made using some dark green embroidery floss that I had.


-----------------------------------------------------------
This last card is actually one that was made at a recent class I had, and I thought it fit into this month's blog theme nicely so I decided to share it (also, since I hadn't gotten around to posting it after the class, I thought this would be a good time!).  Again, I used the 2014-2016 In Colors.  The card base is Hello Honey, the next layer is Lost Lagoon embossed with the Modern Mosaic  Embossing Folder.  The window scene was made by sponging Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow on Very Vanilla.  The tree is from the Happy Scenes Stamp Set.  The window was cut out of Very Vanilla sponged with Soft Suede using the Hearth and Home Thinlets (available as a bundle).  The leaves on the window sill are made with Bird Builder punch and sponged with Hello Honey and Tangelo Twist.  I finished it off with a bow made from a few layers of jute.



Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you will visit all the other great blogs this month.    Click here for the next blog, or click on any of the links below.

Anna- You Are Here

20 comments:

  1. Wow you got a lot done for the blog hop! Enjoyed all the projects thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so ambitious this month with 4 projects, Anna! Great job, I think I like the pumpkin most for it's originality! Good luck hosting Thanksgiving, I will be too. Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Good luck to you, too! My list keeps growing - up to 24!

      Delete
  3. Great projects this month Anna! I love your Pumpkin with the curvy box! So adorable!
    I'm using the fry box for place settings this year too. I was going to do chocolate, but I like your idea of almonds better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the great projects you posted. I love the colors you used for the Fry Box! I really like how you used the leaves from the Bird Builder Punch for your window sill...such a great idea. I need to use that one. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects, Anna! The scarecrow is adorable. I think the window card is my favourite - great sponging and colours you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects Anna! Your color choices are fantastic.
    Don't you just love the Home & Hearth framelits:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, ambitious projects for this hop! I love the Hearth and home framelits and adore the embossed paper you used behind the window. I always struggle to figure out what to put behind the window and embossing is a great idea! But, GASP! So NOT a project lifer! Are you sure!?! Hee Hee :) I am Project Life obsessed! And that stamp set is a great one, for sure! Love how you used it for your Thanksgiving favor box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I've been a scrapbooker for so many years, cutting and mounting and embellishing and I've never been able to wrap my head around PL! I like some of the "toys" that go with it though!

      Delete
  8. Anna all your projects are lovely. I especially like the window card, it is beautiful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Heather, and for your nice comments!

      Delete
  9. OMG...that scarecrow is just ADORABLE...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG your projects are so cute! I love the scarecrow! I had not seen that video yet so thanks for sharing:) And the project life stamp set is on my list...even though it probably won't carry over I LOVE IT and should have gotten it sooner! I am slacker this month and just getting around to checking out everyone's projects.

    ReplyDelete