Monday, November 2, 2015

Snow Family

I usually design a few different Christmas cards that get sent to different sets of people -- elderly aunts and uncles, younger cousins and friends, non-celebrating friends, etc. I have been spending some time coming up with some designs, and I actually thought I was all set.  Then I had a stamp class this weekend, and I think I've changed my mind - AGAIN!  This is one of the cards we made in the class.  I had initially made this one with four snowmen because my husband and I have two daughters, and I thought this would represent our family.  As I designed for the class, it was getting late, and my creativity had gone to bed so the snow people are minimally decorated/accessorized.  So . . . this is going to be the basis for one of my Christmas cards.  I'll play with it some more and redesign it, but this is my starting point.


I used the Snow Place bundle for this card. There are so many possible ways to dress up and accessorize the snow people!  I stamped the trees with the Happy Scenes stamp set and then tore some cardstock to make the snow.  It doesn't show up well, but the snow has some Dazzling Diamonds on it and it sparkles nicely.  I'm thinking I'll add some arms to the snow people and maybe some buttons or an ice cream cone!  Check out all the pieces to this set!

Stamp Set/Thinlit Die:  Snow Place bundle, Happy Scenes
Markers:  Pumpkin Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment