Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Bloggin' Friends Blog Hop!


Welcome to the December Blogging Friends Blog Hop!  This month's theme is Winter/Christmas.  I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration as you travel from blog to blog.  The talent is amazing, so please play along with us!

Since I had to make Christmas cards, I chose to use them for the blog hop.  I usually design a few different cards.  This way I don't get bored with the card by the time I'm finished with the 100th one, and so that I can also send a card that is most suitable for the recipient.

Gentle Peace 
I got this stamp set last year but never got around to using it so I took it out again this year and made some cards with it.  I stamped the image using Versamark Ink on vellum and heat embossed using silver embossing powder.  I colored the image in on the back side of the vellum and carefully cut it out.  The card base is Marina Mist cardstock stamped with White Craft ink.  The ribbon is not an SU product -- it's some really inexpensive ribbon I picked up at Michael's a while back (for 10 cents a roll!). I thought it was time to finally use it.




Cardstock: Whisper White Thick, Marina Mist, Vellum 
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Versamark
Stamp Set: Gentle Peace
Markers:  Brights, Subtles, Regals, Neutrals
Other: Silver Embossing Powder


O Christmas Tree
I just love the sparkle on this card and the glittery gold star hits home for me because we always had a beautiful gold star on the top of our Christmas tree when I was growing up.  The background paper is Cherry Cobbler and it was embossed with the Brick Wall embossing folder.  I highlighted the raised lines by dabbing lightly with White Craft Ink to simulate snow on the bricks.  I cut out the window and the window box with the Hearth and Home Framelits.  The tree is stamped in Mossy Meadow with one of the trees from Lovely as a Tree.  I randomly applied some glue to the tree and then sprinkled Diamond Glaze over it to make the tree shimmer.  The star was punched out with the star from the Itty Bitty Accent set from Gold Glimmer Paper.  The greenery on the window box is from a Martha Stewart punch.  The ribbon is Cherry Cobbler seam binding (retired)



Cardstock: Crumb Cake (window box), Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White (window), Very Vanilla (behind the tree), Gold Glimmer
Ink: Whisper White Craft, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake
Stamp Set: Lovely as a Tree
Punches: Itty Bitty Accent
Embossing Folder: Brick Wall
Framelit: Hearth and Home
Ribbon:  Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding (retired)

Joyful Wreath
I've seen variations of this card on Pinterest and I just loved the design so I decided to make my own version of it.  I used the Wondrous Wreath bundle for the wreath.  The "Joy" is a bonus die in the framelit set and I cut that out with gold glimmer paper.  After I stamped the holly berries on the wreath, I went over them with a bit of Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Diamonds.  The DSP is from a retired paper stack, Trim the Tree.



Cardstock: Whisper White Thick
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp/Framelit Bundle:  Wondrous Wreath
Other:  Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details
DSP:  Under the Tree (retired)

From Our Family to Yours
I have previously posted a version of this card that we did at one of my classes.  I had ideas of dressing it up a bit when I made it for my own Christmas Cards, but, honestly, after cutting out all the different parts, I didn't have the stamina anymore.  What I did do was add the holly to the "dad's" hat and added some red Liquid Pearls to the berries.  I also filled in the pom pom on "mom's" hat with some dazzling details



Card Stock:  Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Soft Sky
Stamp Set/Thinlit Die:  Snow Place bundle, Happy Scenes
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black
Markers:  Pumpkin Pie
Other:  Dazzling Details

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you will visit all the other great blogs this month.    Click here for the next blog, or click on any of the links below.


13 comments:

  1. Great cards Anna! The stained glass on the Gentle Peace card looks so realistic! And the snowman family is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thaanks for stopping by and for your nice comments!

      Delete
  2. Your snowman card is inspiration for a winter door decorating contest at work. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Anna, where to start on all these FABULOUS cards! First, the gold star on the top of the tree is genius! The snowman family is just stinkin' adorable and I've seen those clear cards, but haven't yet tried one myself so you made it look so easy! Awesome all around. Hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comments, Crystal! Thanks also for organizing this great blog hop!

      Delete
  4. I love how you used the White Craft ink to add 'snow' to your bricks - great idea! All of your cards are wonderful, Anna! Thanks for sharing.
    ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Deb, and for your comments!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful collection of cards. Each one is so unique, but I really like the stained glass card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful assortment of Christmas cards! I love the idea of creating several different designs so that your cards are more personalized to the recipient and it keeps it more fun for you too! My attention span maxes out around 20 cards, lol so I'm going to switch it up this year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! Nice mix of styles, colors and themes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The snowman card has to be my favorite! Love all 4! I am so bummed I didn't get the snowman or the hearth and home set.

    ReplyDelete