Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Glittery Pocket Card

I needed some special cards for some special people, and decided to make a pocket card for them.  I went with an outdoorsy feel but thought it needed some blinging up!

This is the card with the greeting inserted into the envelope.  The stamp set is Ornamental Pines.  I know it's retired, but I never got around to using it last year so I decided to use it this year!


And this is the card showing both pieces. 

I made the pine needles using the dryer sheet method.  (See below).  I stamped the pinecones and then glittered them up.  I cut them out using one of Dave the Die Guy's dies that coordinate with the stamps set perfectly.

Ink: Mossy Meadow (pine needles and greeting), Chocolate Chip (pine cones)
Stamp Set: Ornamental Pine

To make the envelope, I started with a piece of 4 1/4 x 11 paper and scored it at 5 1/2.  After I folded it, I made a light tick mark on the bottom right edge 1 1/4" from the bottom.  I lined that tick mark up with the top corner on my cutter and made the diagonal cut.  I did the same thing for the other layers but decreased each piece by 1/4 (horizontal and vertical as well as for the tick mark).

For the dryer sheet method, I stamped the pine needles and then sprayed it with a spray adhesive.  I covered it with a used dryer sheet and then applied a bit more spray adhesive.  I sprinkled the Dazzling Diamonds on it, pressed it in really well and that was it!

For the pine cones, I stamped the pine cones, sprayed with some spray adhesive and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on them.  I cut them out with dies made by Dave the Die Guy.

I made these assembly line style and that made the process go pretty quickly.  

So, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment