Monday, December 21, 2015

One Design; Three Cards!

It's that time of year when we're all feeling "the crunch", and I'm right there in that boat!  Since I needed some thank you cards for some Christmas presents and some Christmas and Seasons Greetings cards, I decided on one simple design and went to town making them, changing up a few things and crossing it off my to-do list!





The base of all of these cards was made the same:
 - the card front was embossed using the Northern Flurry embossing folder;
 - the mittens were punched out using the Mitten Builder punch;
 - the mittens (except for the cuffs) were embossed using the Lattice embossing folder.

To make the mittens, I punched out the mitten and ran it through the embossing folder; then I punched out just the top of the mitten in a coordinating color, trimmed it up to the cuff and glued it on.  Then I added a tiny pearl for a bit of pizzazz.  I used some coordinating brads and floss I had to "hang" them.

Thank You Card:
Cardstock:  Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla
Stamp Set:  Itty Bitty Banners
Framelit Set: Bitty Banners
Ink:  Real Red

Merry Christmas Card:
Cardstock:  Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Punches:  Word Window; Modern Window
Ink: Real Red

Season's Greetings Card:
Cardstock:  Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Very Vanilla
Stamp Set: Happy Scenes
Punches:  Word Window, Modern Window
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party (to sponge the edge of the tag)

I hope that you can find a design that is easily adaptable to use for different purposes!

No comments:

Post a Comment