Tuesday, January 26, 2016

80th Birthday

This weekend I had a class featuring the new stamp set, Number of Years bundle.  Since I have an 80th birthday party to go to in a few weeks, I thought it would be a good idea to make the card for the party as one of the samples for the class!  I love multi-tasking!


 The  birthday boy (my uncle) is an avid hunter, so I thought I'd use the Wetlands set for the card.

The background was made using the Work of Art set.  The colors, from the bottom up, are Mossy Meadow, Soft Suede and Soft Sky.  The bottom two are second generation (stamped off once).  Then I stamped the goose with Basic Black.  I stamped the numbers directly on to the card in Mossy Meadow, and then stamped them again on a scrap piece of paper and cut them out with the framelits.  They are pop dotted on top of the stamped numbers.  Since I didn't have any Mossy Meadow ribbon, I used Always Artihoke, but  I think it works well.



2 comments:

  1. That's a really interesting way to stamp the goose over the background - I'd always feel I had to colour it in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, I have a bit of a coloring phobia, so this works great for me! I'm working on my coloring though!

    ReplyDelete