Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Birthday Pop Up Card

This past weekend, I held a pop up card class.  We made three pretty cool cards, and I'll be posting one a day for the next three days.  Here's the first one"


Here's a close up of the inside of the card:


The card is the usual size: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.  The inside is 5 x 8, scored at 4.  I found the directions online posted by Julie Davison.  She did her card as a Christmas card, but I changed it up a bit and made it a birthday card.  Here is a link to Julies directions (she has written directions as well as a video).  After the inside "pop out" was made, I covered the boxes with paper:  top - Bermuda Bay embossed with perfect polka dots; middle - a scrap from Cherry on Top DSP; bottom - Melon Mambo embossed with lacy brocade. 

The front of the card was stamped with the Celebrate Today stamp set.

These are the supplies I used:
Embossing Folders:  Perfect Polka Dots, Lacy Brocade

I really enjoyed making the pop up cards.  Be sure to check back tomorrow to see another one.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by, Fran and for your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete