Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Get Well Pop Up Card

Here is the second pop up card we made at class this weekend.


Here is a close up of the inside of the card:



The outside of the card is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored at 4 1/4.  The inside of the card is 5 x 8, scored at 4.

I found these directions online; I printed out  the directions and now can't find the link.  The directions were posed by a woman named Marlo.  I changed up the dimensions and the tissue opening a bit.  To make the pop up part of the card (same process as yesterday's post), with the paper folded in half, with the folded part along the top of the cutter, at 1" cut a slit 1/2" down; do the same at 4".  (Please see yesterday's directions if that doesn't make sense.)

To make the tissue box, start with a piece of paper 5 1/4 x 3.  Holding the paper lengthwise, score at  1 1/4, 2 1/2, 3 3/4, and 5.  Fold along the score marks.  On the section right next to the tiny section, punch out the opening for the tissue .  I used the oval punch.  Square up the folds, and tape to form the tissue box.  Attach it to the pop up part of the card along the back, and attach the bottom part of the box to the card as well.  I used half of a tissue and tucked it inside the box.

I didn't like the look of the white tissue paper against the white cardstock, so I embossed a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock with Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, and attached it behind the tissue to  break up all the white.

These are the supplies I used:
Cardstock:  Melon Mambo, Whisper White
DSP:  Kaliedescope
Bakers Twine:  Daffodil Delight
Embossing Folder:  Perfect Polka Dots
Punch:  Large Oval

Come back tomorrow to see the last card from the class.

2 comments:

  1. This is Wonderful and so cute; thanks for your instructions. I laugh to see the "mother of invention!" I thought that embossed pc. in the background was a fun idea (and why don't I think to add things like that; lol) and then read just how that came to be! Well, great idea and a great card! Thanks so much for sharing all! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Donna and for your fun comment. I'd love to see your finished card!

      Delete