Friday, January 1, 2016

January Blogging Friends Blog Hop


Happy New Year to you all and welcome to the January Blogging Friends Blog Hop!  I'm sure you'll find loads of inspiration as you travel from blog to blog. Links for the other blogs are at the end of this post.  I hope you will hop along with us!

This month's theme was winter/snow or showcasing products from the new Occasions Catalog. I decided to go back to my first paper crafting love, scrapbooking, and do a layout as well as a card this month.

I was so blessed to receive some lovely gifts this Christmas, so  I used this opportunity to make some winter/snow thank you cards.


The base of the thank you note card is the Thick Whisper White cardstock, which I just love.   The snowflakes were randomly stamped and then embossed (although the embossed effect doesn't show up clearly in the picture).  The design was simple so I was able to produce lots of them in an easy assembly line style.

Stamp Set: Flurry of Wishes, Itty Bitty Banners
Framelit: Bitty Banners
Ink: Versamark
Embossing Powder: White

For my scrapbook layout, I found these old pictures of a winter storm from 2008.  It seems like just yesterday my daughters were so young!


The  snowflakes were stamped and embossed with  Silver embossing powder and then punched out.  Here's a close up:


The "2008" was die cut from Smokey Slate cardstock using the Little Numbers Thinlit dies.  Then I went over the numbers using a product (Wink of Stella) that is new to Stampin' Up! and will be available beginning January 5 in the Occasions Catalog.   I'll come back when it's available and put a link to the product in this post.  It's a great, simple way to brush some glimmer and shine onto projects.  Here's a close up of it:


The title, scarf, mittens and hat are from an old sticker package I had in my stash by Jolie's.

DSP:  Winter Frost
Ink: Versamark
Embossing Powder: Silver
Stamp Set: Flurry of Wishes
Punch: Snow Flurry (stamp and punch available as a bundle)
Thinlit: Little Numbers
Other:  Wink of Stella

I really enjoyed making a layout for this month's blog and am thinking that I'll continue doing that (that's one way to get at least one layout done every month!)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you will visit all the other great blogs this month.    Click here for the next blog, or click on any of the links below.
Anna- You Are Here

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects with the Flurry of Wishes stamp set! I love the idea of sending Snowflake Thank You cards for Christmas Gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - I've never done that before as I usually send out Christmas-y thank yous. But since the theme was winter, I shook it up a bit, and I must say, I liked it!

      Delete
  2. Oh Anna- you scrapbooked! I'm so jealous- I need to get back into that mojo thanks for posting this! I ordered 6 packs of 12 x 12 card stock just yesterday to get me guilt-ed into moving my pile of pictures along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been feeling so guilty about not scrapbooking lately as well! I'll admit, it's my first love, and I totally enjoyed it this month!

      Delete
  3. I love your scrapbook page and cute card! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Chris and for your kind comments.

      Delete
  4. Oh how I love these blues, Anna! And it was refreshing to see a scrapbook page too! Great projects again this month. Happy 2016! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal! It was a nice change to do some scrapbooking . . . I've so missed it!

      Delete
  5. Blue and silver - my favourite winter colour combo! Your card and scrapbook page are fabulous, Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments Deb. Blue and silver are one of my favorites as well!

      Delete
  6. I love your idea for the thank you cards! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna, what a lovely card... simple yet elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comment!

      Delete