Thursday, January 7, 2016

Sympathy Card

This is a sympathy card that I recently made for a co-worker.


It came together pretty quickly.  The card base is Baked Brown Sugar (retired from the 2013-2015 In Colors collection), the first layer is Calypso Coral, and the card front is Very Vanilla.

The stamp set is You've Got This.  I stamped the background stamp in Baked Brown Sugar directly onto the card front.  I stamped the flower on a small piece of Very Vanilla using Staz-On ink and then colored the flower using the Subtles Collection Stampin' Write Markers.  The flower is Calypso Coral, the stem is Pear Pizzazz, and the stamen of the flower is Daffodil Delight.

I die cut the flower using dies made by Dave the Die Guy (sorry, but Stampin' Up! doesn't make the coordinating die for this set.  If you're interested in info about Dave and his dies, send me an email, and I'll share that info.) I popped the flower up using Stampin' Dimensionals to give it extra dimension.

I wrapped a piece of Baked Brown Sugar Seam Binding Ribbon around the card front and attached everything to the card base.

I'm so glad I stocked up on the 13-15 In Colors before they retired because I just love the Baked Brown Sugar.  This card could easily be done with a different color combination and still look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment