Monday, February 15, 2016

1st Grade Layout

This month's scrapbook layout is a "redo" of one I had done many years ago of my younger daughter's first grade school picture.  Sometime I flip through my scrapbook pages and see a layout that I just don't like and think "what were you thinking" and I take it apart and start all over again.  Hmmm . . . maybe that's why I never seem to make a dent in my pile of pictures I want to scrap!


I was originally going to go with primary colors for this layout, but then I decided to use the background paper from the Schoolhouse DSP pack, which is Basic  Gray.  I referred to my Color Coach (which I'm unhappy  has been discontinued because I find some great color combos when I use it) and saw the Old Olive/Melon Mambo/Basic Gray combo.  I loved the colors so I went with that.  The base of the layout is Melon Mambo (12 x 12).  I put a strip of Old Olive along the right side.  The picture is layered on Whisper White and Melon Mambo.   I embossed a piece of Old Olive using the Decorative Dots embossing folder and mounted it on Melon Mambo.

I used the Number of Years stamp set  and framelit bundle for the embellishments.  The "1" is stamped in Melon Mambo. The little two banners are stamped in Basic Gray and with thee  "st" and "Grade" in stamped in Melon Mambo .  They were die  cut using the coordinating framelits.  The flowers are stamped in Melon Mambo using the Petite Petals stamp set and punched out with the coordinating Petite Petal punch available as a bundle.  All of the embellishments were affixed to the layout using Stampin' Dimensionals to "pop" them up and add some dimension.

So, I'm curious . . . do you redo layouts that you don't necessarily like or do you keep them as is as a reference to your then-current scrapping style?



2 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the background number paper! And yes, I've done several "re-do's" myself - just yesterday I ripped apart a 3-page vacation layout that I did a few months ago because I didn't like it anymore and it didn't go with the rest of the book I was making!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have but I don't do it often because then I would never get any "new" layouts done! LOL! Also, honestly, there's not many layouts I create that I don't like. Sure maybe they can be better but I just move forward. I think in all my years of scrapping I've only re-done 2 layouts. BTW - would have loved to have seen the "before"!

    ReplyDelete