Monday, February 1, 2016

February Blog Hop




Welcome to the Bloggin' Friends Blog Hop for February!  This month's theme was Valentine's Day/Love.  We have some new bloggers joining us this month, and I'm so happy to have them join us!  Please be sure to visit all the blogs to get some great inspiration!


I chose to do three projects this month -- a card, a scrapbook layout, and a treat box.  I hope you enjoy reading about them!


The card base is Real Red, the next layer is Basic Black, and the card front is Crumb Cake stamped with the Hardwood background stamp with Crumb Cake ink.  The hearts were punched using the Sweetheart punch.  I edged the edges of them with Basic Black and then added the dimension with a White Gel Pen.  The ribbon behind the hearts is just some I had in my stash.  The banner in the corner was made with the Banner Punch.  I punched it twice and  attached them to make the banner longer.  The small heart is from the ____  punch set. The sentiment is from th Itty Bitty stamp set stamped with Real Red on Crumb Cake.  It was die cut using the Itty Bitty Banner framelit.  Then I sponged the edges of it with White Craft Ink to give it some dimension.

Stamp Set:  Itty Bitty, Hardwood
Other:  White Gel Pen



These pictures were from our vacation last year to Myrtle Beach.  We were out shopping and decided to stop in the photo booth.  Unfortunately, they didn't develop right, but I still wanted to get the strip scrapped.

The background paper is Real Red and the top layer is from the Timeless Elegance DSP.  The strip in the middle is from the the Stacked with Love paper stack, layered on Real Red. I added some black bling along the tails. The pictures are mounted on Real Red and Basic Black.  The sentiments are from the Something to Say and Bloomin' Love sets.  The banners were punched from the banner punch.  The doily was made with a Martha Stewart punch.  The stickers on the banners were some I had in my stash.

DSP:  Timeles Treasure
Punch: Banner, Itty Bitty Accent, 1 1/4" circle, 1 3/8" circle



I made these treat boxes for the ladies who  will be at class this weekend.  It's made with the Curvy Keepsake framelit.  The heart was die cut with the Hearts a Flutter framelit.   I used window sheets to make the window. The bow was made using the Build a Bow punch using Blushing Bride paper.  The edges were sponged with Blushing Bride, too.

Cardstock:  Real Red, Blushing Bride
Punch:  Build a Bow






30 comments:

  1. Great projects! The hardwood stamp is one of my favorites! And love that card....very cute but simple and easy to CASE:) My favorite kind! And I love your scrapbook page. I would have never thought to use that DSP like that...I usually cut it up, I love the red and black with it. Cute cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! The hardwood stamp is one of my all time go-to stamps and definitely at the top of my favorites list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific projects and such a variety. You really spent a lot of time on these and it shows. I love how you used the hardwood stamp on the card your colors feel super rich. The scrapbook page you stepped out of the paper pack and combined two different sets I think and it works! The bow on the box is so sweet-I need to pull that punch out more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comments, Anne!

      Delete
    2. Anna Love the card. I love the pop of white on the hearts it really draws your attention to them.

      Delete
  4. I love all of your projects! Since I have been doing Project Life, I hardly ever make full 12x12 layouts anymore. Your layout has inspired my to break out my 12x12 paper this week! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I don't think I could ever do anything but 12 x 12 . . . I've tried mini albums, and even that didn't "feel" right for me. I guess I'm a creature of habit!

      Delete
  5. Hi Anna, what a great selection of projects. I liked how you displayed a little of everything that we can do with stamping/papercrafting! It really shows the versatility. Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal. I've told myself that each month there will be one card; one layout; and one other project (time permitting, of course!)

      Delete
  6. 3 fabulous projects, Anna! Great way to showcase how to use SU! products in lots of different ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah! SU products are really very versatile . . . perfect for just about any project!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Love all your projects. I'm with Deborah, great way to show the versatility of our Stampin' Up! products. I must admit though, I have yet to create a scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorene! My first paper addiction was scrapbooking, and I've gotten away from it with all my card making. Now I'm determined to get back to it!

      Delete
  8. Very cute......love the projects

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mix of projects today. You've been busy! I love the card! And, yet another way to use the Curvy Keepsake Box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very large pinterest board with loads of ways to use the curvy keepsake box. I can't wait to try them all!

      Delete
  10. Love all your projects Anna, busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! I love that Hardwood stamp, too! It goes with so many things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree . . . it's one of the best investments I've made!

      Delete
  12. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great projects! Thank you for the inspiration. Happy to be hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great projects, Anna! You have been busy! I LOVE your card - the woodgrain stamp gets me everytime. I love the sponging and the White Gel pen on the hearts. Happy Hopping Day! Glad to be joining the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anna, I HEART your projects! They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete