Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Gatefold Birthday Card

I made this  card last month for a co-worker's birthday.  I had every intention of making the card in time for her birthday, but before I knew it, I had missed it.  The sentiment from the "Remembering Your  Birthday" stamp set was just perfect for this!  The outside sentiment says "I Remembered and Thought . .. " and the inside says "But Then I Forgot."

This is the front of the card.  The background is Elegant Eggplant.  The inner layers are Whisper White and Marina Mist.  To get the design on the card front, I used the  Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and stamped the lines horizontally and vertically in Marina Mist.  The balloon is from the Celebrate Today set stamped in Melon Mambo.  I used the polka dots from that set and embossed them in White and added rhinestones in each dot.  I tied a piece of baker's twine to the balloon.  The sentiment is die cut using the Itty Bitty Banners framelits. It is raised with Stampin Dimensionals for some heigh as well as a way for the left flap to stay secure.


This is the inside of the card:


The sentiment and the banners are also from the Celebrate Today set.


No comments:

Post a Comment