Thursday, February 4, 2016

#imbringingbirthdaysback

A fellow SU! Demonstrator, Shannon West, has come up with a GREAT idea!  Her idea was born from the thought that social media, although wonderful in so many ways, has gotten us away from sending “real” mail to family and friends (birthday cards, thank you notes - which are always a MUST, Christmas cards and cards for so many other occasions).  She has begun a movement to bring back sending out birthday cards.  What a great idea!  I know that I love to receive birthday cards in the mail when my birthday comes around, and I’m sure many of you do, too.  So . . .  during 2016, anyone who sends me their birthday (and then private messages me their address) will receive a handmade birthday card from me!  I’ll do my best to get the card to you in time for your big day; it may be a day or so late, but it will arrive!

Shannon has, with SU!’s approval, designed a stamp (#imbringingbirthdaysback), which will be available at a later date.  I can’t wait to get it so I can stamp it on the back of all my birthday envelopes!

Who’s in?????

3 comments:

  1. Great idea. Thankfully, in the UK, sending real cards is still happening (mostly!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Thankfully, in the UK, sending real cards is still happening (mostly!).

    ReplyDelete