Friday, February 19, 2016

Masked Sympathy Card

This is a card I made for an acquaintance who recently lost his mother.  Sympathy cards are never easy to make; you can only hope that your thoughtful, handmade card can bring some comfort to the recipient.


The base of this card is the awesome Thick Whisper White.  I just love the quality of that cardstock.   I cut the card front 4 1/4 x 3 3/4 in Whisper White.  I made a mask for the sun by punching a piece of scrap paper with the 1 1/2" circle punch.  I placed the mask where I wanted the sun to appear on the card and lightly colored the sun in using Daffodil Delight.  I removed the mask, and then used the punched out circle as a mask and placed it over the colored sun.  Using sponge wedges, I colored the sunset/sunrise sky around the circle.  I used a mixture of colors -- Calypso Coral, So Saffron and a light touch of Cajun Craze.  Next I  stamped the image using Tuxedo Black Memento ink.  I stamped it BEFORE I attached it to the card front because I wanted the bottom of the image to be stamped off the bottom of the card front so it wouldn't be too tall.  The sentiment is stamped on the card base also  using the black Memento.  I added a piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon (which was one of the first items I ever ordered from SU some years back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment