Wednesday, March 9, 2016

For a Very Special Lady

I made this card for a very special lady just before she went in for knee replacement surgery.  This woman is a kind, caring, gentle, compassionate woman who has helped in so many difficult situations.  This woman is my mother's oncology nurse, Rose.  I thought this design was perfect -- roses for Rose!  Rose will be out of work for a while, and we will certainly miss her as she recuperates!


Cardstock:  Always Artichoke, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pink Pirouette
Ink:  Pink Pirouette
Stamp Set:  Itty Bitty Banners (retired)
Punch:  Bird Builde
Embossing Folder: Softly Falling
Framelit:  Oval Collection

To make the card front, I embossed a piece of 4 x 5 1/4 Very Vanilla with the Softly Falling folder.  I then ran a piece of scrap paper through the Big Shot  using two oval framelits.  I placed the larger outside oal with the cutting blade down to cut the oval and a smaller oval on the inside with the cutting blade facing up.  I used a silicone mat so that the blade would emboss rather than cut.

To make the roses, I punched out three of the bird wings from the bird builder punch, sponged them, and then layered them to resemble a rose.

I just love this card and was so happy that Rose did too!


No comments:

Post a Comment