Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Grunge-y Mosaic

Last weekend I held a class that I called "Tim Holtz Meets Stampin' Up!"  The goal was to use SU products and achieve the great grunge look that Tim Holtz (one of my favorite designers) is known for.  We made three cards based on and inspired by Tim's creations and style.  This is the first card we made:


It was inspired by this Tim Holtz tag:


Tim's project used stencils and modeling paste, but I didn't have that so I impovised.  Instead, I made a layer using the Hexagon Hive die.

The card base is Mint Macron.  The next layer is Very Vanilla, lightly sponged with Soft Suede and then stamped using Gorgeous Grunge in Soft Suede.  The next layer is Very Vanilla die cut with the Hexagon Hive die sponged with So Saffron.   Then I randomly sponged the leaves from the Butterfly Basics set using Mint Macron on that layer.  I stamped the small butterfly from the Butterfly Basics set using Mint Macron.  I die cut it out with the coordinating die and then sponged the edged with Hello Honey.  I stamped  a sentiment also in Hello Honey.  Finally, I crinkled up a piece of Wild Wasabi seam binding and tied a bow around the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment