Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Bloggin' Friends Blog Hop




Welcome back to another great month of the Bloggin' Friends Blog Hop!  This month's theme was "Show Me Your Craft Space".  I just LOVE looking at other crafters' spaces (in hopes of finding some great ideas or inspiration).

My space is in my unfinished basement.  The outer walls are cement, and (unfortunately) one rather large part of the wall holds the "nuts and bolts" of our house -- electrical panel, sprinkler controls, central vac unit, etc. -- and that is pretty unattractive, but I still totally enjoy my "me time" spent down there.  The "walls" are hung fabric and I'm able to quickly change out the colors when I need a change.   One of these days we'll get around to finishing off the room, but for the time being, I'll continue to enjoy spending as much time as I possibly can in my space.

This is my very first ever video.   I encountered some obstacles, and after many "takes" this is the final product.  The volume can't go real high, but if you use earphones, it's louder!  I've also included pictures in case  you can't view the video.  I'd LOVE some feedback on my video!



This is a view of the main part of my "stuff" from the entryway along the first wall.


This is the first "station".  It houses all my die cutting and embossing supplies.  Inside the cabinet I store my Big Shot, Texture Boutique, Sidekick, a container of my embossing folders, a container of my thinlits/framelits, and all the supplies that are needed for that -- platform, magnetic  plate, plastic plates, etc.  This way, when I need to die cut or emboss, everything I need is right there.   I have my Cricut on top of the cabinet -- it's the original Cricut Create.  I almost never use it, so I saw no need to upgrade to the more fancy bells and whistles model.  The shelf above the cabinet showcases some favors I've made for parties as well as some things others have made for me.


 


This is my desk area.  The desk top was custom cut at Home Depot.  It's 6 feet x 2 1/2 feet.  The sides of the desk are made by stacking four Recollection cubes -- two opening in the front (on both the right and left sides) and two opening on the sides in the back.  Those two house supplies I don't need to get at too often.  On the left side, I have all my adhesives, bling, embellishments, etc.  On the right I  have all my sponge daubers, embossing powders, Tim Holtz inks, and ATC supplies.

Along the wall, to the right is a bulletin board and a holder with all my Spectrum Noir stuff.  Then I have a box with my scraps all organized by color.  I LOVE that sorter!  In the center of the desk, I have all my punches, and to the right, I have my ink carousels on the desk and all my stamp sets on the wall.

This wall houses all my paper (well, not really ALL of it, because there's always paper floating around in other spots because I just have WAY TOO MUCH paper).  It also has my ribbons, projects in progress, and completed cards.


Next is my electric fireplace because New England winters can be pretty cold!!  My television and computer are next to that under a window that lets in a lot of light.


Not pictured is another desk with my laptop and paperwork followed by a couch and two end tables.  Along the last wall I have a bookshelf with all of my scrapbooks.  I'm in the middle of a reorganization of those.  When I first started scrapping (many, many years ago), I bought some albums that weren't the best quality and now they're beginning to fall apart so I'm slowly replacing them.

Last up is my file cabinet of paper.  I have all of my SU 8 1/2 x 11 card stock filed in here by color collection in hanging file folders.  The left side has the Brights, Subtles, and Regals.  The right side has the Neutrals and both current In-Color sets.



That's my space. . . I hope you'e enjoyed checking it out, and I hope you will hop on over to all of the other blogs to see the other great spaces where "creativity happens"!








21 comments:

  1. You've pick up some great storage pieces and used them well. You certainly don't even notice that there is no drywall yet with all the great stuff here there and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Anna, we both have somewhat unfinished basements and hang materials on the walls to "hide things!" And this was my first time with a video too! Great job! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you've covered the walls with fabric; I'm sure it adds warmth as well as a bright, changeable colour! Great storage - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Changing the fabric is a lot easier than getting hubby to help me paint!

      Delete
  4. Love your paper storage ideas! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great space to craft in Anna! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job with your video, Anna! I have lots of those cubes from Michaels, too and I really want to make a desk with them like you did! My DH has been hearing all about it, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was once contemplating getting rid of my cubes and going with cabinets, but I'm so glad I didn't!

      Delete
  7. Great job with the video Anna. Love seeing the behind the scenes and relieved I’m not alone on many ways of storage or the amount of crafting supplies accumulated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne! It's crazy how quickly the "stuff" accummulates!

      Delete
  8. Another person with a craft room! I'm so envious. Love it! You did well with your first video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorene. I went many, many years crafting at my dining room table!

      Delete
  9. Great video Anna. It may be an unfinished basement, but it is huge! I love all your storage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Space! Everything is nicely organized {much different than my space!} I still have the original circut as well:) What kind of container are you daubers in? I need to get one of those cubies that those are stored in...i like how you have the daubers, then embossing, markers all in their own drawer. And I thought you did a great job on the video:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Here's the link for the dauber storage: http://www.scrapbook.com/store/uc-dauber40kit.html They're currently on sale!!

      Delete
  11. Great Space, you have a place for everything!

    ReplyDelete