Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Pretty Present

Do you love washi  tape?  Well, I have accumulated a nice collection, but I don't seem to use it much.  What to do?  What to do?  Well . . . have a class to use some of it up, and that's just what I did last weekend.  We made three great cards using washi tape, and I think I'll be using more of my collection more often.

This is the first one we made.  It is nice and simple (inspired from Pinterest).


To  make the present, I cut a piece of white scrap paper in a 2 1/4" square.  I chose four coordinating rolls of washi tape and placed them side by side on the scrap paper.  Two things I learned:  1.  be sure to use white scrap paper as your  base because the washi is very transparent and colored paper will skew the colors of the tape; 2.  be sure to butt the tape right up the each other but do not overlap.  If it's overlapped, you will see the overlap because the tape is so transparent.  I'm not sure what the name of the washi tapes are because I didn't keep the rolls together in the set..  I did, however use my trusty label maker (!!) and made a label of the primary  color of the tape and put it on the inside of the roll.  

Before I attached the package onto the card front, I scored the edges of the paper using my score  board.  The score lines are made at 1/8, 1/4, 3/8.  The sentiment is from  the "Remembering Your Birthdday" set.  The card base is Calypso Coral, the card front is Very Vanilla, the sentiment is stamped in Calypso Coral, and the bow is tied with Lost Lagoon ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. I like this card; the present is cute and a very clever design!

    ReplyDelete