Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Sending Wishes

Last Saturday I held a class on making quick cards with DSP.  DSP is a quick way to add a lot of color and design to a card when you don't have time to make your own background.  Here's the first card we made:


The card base (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) is Calypso Coral; the next layer is Old Olive, embossed with the brick wall folder (4 x 5 1/4). The next layer is Basic Black (3 1/8 x 4 5/8), and the patterned paper is from the Pretty Petals pack (3 x 4).  The sentiment is from the Butterfly Basics set stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink, and punched out using the Note Tag punch in Calypso Coral.  How easy was that?  

At first I wasn't going to emboss the Olive Green layer, but then I thought that the flowers would look really good "climbing" up the brick wall.  I'm glad I went that way because I love the extra texture on the card.  Which way would you have gone with it???

No comments:

Post a Comment