Friday, April 1, 2016

April Blogging Friends Blog Hop - What's Your Favorite????


Welcome to another month of the Blogging Friends Blog Hop!  I'm so excited about this month's theme, and I can't wait to see all the other bloggers' posts.

This month we were to use our favorite Stampin' Up! stamp set -- current or retired -- and showcase projects using that set.  Well, while Stampin' Up! certainly has so many great stamp sets, and I can think of quite a few that I consider "favorites", one in particular is my ultimate favorite.  That honor goes to the Hardwood background stamp.  Not to sound cliche, but the possibilities are absolutely endless with this stamp.  I've seen it used in so many different ways as well as contributing to so many different "feels" for projects.  As a matter of fact, I've used it for occasions ranging from sympathy to baby congratulations.

Deciding on what projects to make to showcase this stamp, I had a very hard time narrowing down my ideas.  So . . . I finally decided to pick a theme, and go that route.  After a long winter here in New England, I decided to showcase the stamp set with projects evoking a "beachy" feel.

For this first card, I used the hardwood stamp to make the wooden post that the seagull stands on.  Pretty simple, right?  But it looks so much better than if I had used just a plain piece of brown cardsock, don't you think?   I used watercolor paper for the card base to so the sponging would have some texture to it.   For the horizontal piece of wood, I punched it out using the washi tape punch.  I thought it gave the piece of wood a weathered, tattered look.


Cardstock:  
Marina Mist (card base), Whisper White, Real Red (layers), watercolor paper (card front), Soft Suede (wooden post), Real Red (life preserver), Whisper White (seagull)

Inks:  Daffodil Delight (sun), Soft Sky (sky), Marina Mist (ocean), Sahara Sand (sand), Soft Suede (wood), Real Red (sponging around the life preserver), Smoky Slate (sponging around the seagull)

The life preserver was made by punching out two different size circles.  I wraped some thick Very Vanilla bakers twine around it to resemble rope.  I "hung" it on the wooden post using a brown brad.
___________________________

For this second card, I used the stamp to mimic wood paneling in a beach house overlooking the ocean and a lighthouse (my ultimate dream home, I might add!!)


Cardstock:  Island Indigo (base), Sahara Sand (layer) Whisper White (card base, wainscoting, window, tag)

Inks:  Soft  Suede (paneling), Marina Mist (ocean) Basic Black (lighthouse) Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral (sky), Island Indigo (sentiment)

The light house is from the "From the Sea" set. The window was die cut using the Hearth and Home thinlits.  The sentiment is from the "Circle of Spring" set, and the tag is from the Curvy Keepsake Die.   The wainscoting was made by scoring lines 1/4" apart.  The baker's twine is Island Indigo
_______________________________

Lastly, I used the stamp to make my own background paper for this layout.  I was going for the look of a boardwalk.  My husband and I were recently down in Myrtle Beach and we had lunch at Margaritaville.  I  thought this paper would make the perfect backdrop for the layout since the restaurant had a wooden walkway all around it.


The  base of the layout is Pear Pizzazz. The next layer is Marina Mist stamped with Soft Suede.  I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the hardwood stamp to make the wooden planks.  To make the nails in the planks, I just made dots using Soft Suede marker.  I distressed the edges of the Marina Mist layer with a distressing tool.  The banner was made by sponging Soft Suede on Pear Pizzazz and then punching the banners out with the Banner punch.  I used a Sizzix alphabet set for the letters, which are Whisper White sponged with  Soft Suede.  I tried to make some netting next to the picture of the blender, and for that I used the striped scallop thinlet.  Th paper is Pear Pizzazz sponged with Soft Suede.
_______________________

Honestly, this stamp is worth its price in gold!  It can be used a million different ways!  I hope you enjoyed checking out these projects and that you will consider this stamp one of your Stampin' Up! favorites.

Please continue on to the other blogs either by clicking on the icon below, or by clicking on the blogges' names.

Crystal
Anna - You Are Here
Libby
Anne
Mary 
Danica
Deborah
Jessica
Jody
Leanne
Michelle
Lorene
Mary Anne
Tammy
Rick
Lisa



20 comments:

  1. What great ideas!!! love hardwood too -never would have thought to highlight! Love the seagull card- actually I love all the projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! I use this stamp all the time!

      Delete
  2. Hardwood is one of my favorites too and so versatile. I am in love with your lighthouse card...reminds me of New England. Your layout is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. My goal is to be able to look out my window some day and see a lighthouse every morning!!

      Delete
  3. I love all of your projects, but I especially love your scrapbook page! You lined them up perfectly with the stamp-a-ma-jig! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was really happy with how the scrapbook page turned out as well! I'll be doing that more often!

      Delete
  4. I love your beach theme, Anna; I can almost feel the sand between my toes! Love your quote from Jimmy Buffet - one of my favourite songs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah! I love the beach and margaritas, so this month's projects were a treat to create!

      Delete
  5. Wow, Anna! You are so creative! Love how you used just one stamp in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Lorene! Although I do challenge myself to try to find different ways to use almost all of my supplies, this time it was easy with such an awesome stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great inspiration Anna. I have to get that background stamp now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice in a favourite stamp, Anna! You are so right - worth the price of gold! And you projects are perfect examples of great ways to use it. I love the idea of a the background on your scrapbook page! Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Tammy, and for your nice comments!

      Delete
  9. Anna these are great projects! I own it and need to break it out it's case to be used very soon. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leanne. Once you take it out and start using it, I'm SURE you'll be using it regularly!!

      Delete
  10. Anna, your lighthouse through the window card has me regretting I didn't include the Hearth and Home Thinlits on my order I just placed! But, I agree with you on the Hardwood stamp - and just love, love love your Jimmy Buffett layout! I am a die-hard Parrothead but have never had the fortune to visit a Margaritaville Restaurant - yet! Fins up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your projects, especially your scrapbook page! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your projects! I almost chose the hardwood stamp as my favorite to feature as well:) It's probably my second favorite! And I must try to use it as a background on a scrapbook page....Love that one!!!

    ReplyDelete