Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Birthday ATC

I'm a little late in posting this, but life is a bit hectic these days.  As the saying goes, though, better late than never!

This is an ATC I made for one of the ATC swappers in the monthly ATC challenge I participate in at scrapbook.com.  I just love that swap.  Each month we make ATCs based on themes that the hostess picks.  Additionally, we make birthday ATCs for any swapper who will be celebrating their birthday that month.  The result is that the birthday girl gets lots of special ATCs on her birthday.  I have been participating for a few years, and I can tell you that it's super fun to open your swap envelope when there are birthday ATCs in it for you!!


I went with the Brights collection for this card since the colors are so vibrant and cheery -- just like birthdays!  

Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight (for the flames)
Ink:  Garden Green,, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie (on the edges of the flames)
Stamp Set: Gorgeous Grunge, Something to Say (sentiment - retiring on 5/31/16)
Punch:  Bird Builder (retiring on 5/31/16)

To make the candles, I first stamped the Daffodil Delight candle, the I made a mask for it and layed the mask over the candle.  I then stamped the second candle in Melon Mambo at an angle and over part of the mask so it appeared to be behind the Daffodil Delight one.  To make the flame, I punched out a "wing" from the Bird Builder punch in Daffodil Delight.  Then I sponged the edges of it using Pumpkin Pie. I popped the flames up for a bit of texture.

I carefully stamped the background splotches randomly, being careful not to stamp over the candles.

The ribbon adds more dimension and acts as a good background for the sentiment.

I just love  making these tiny (2 1/2 x 3 1/2) works of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment